In 1903 the Company GEORG FISCHER was founded. They mainly produced small toys and cars with and without clockwork motor. Ceased to exist in 1958.
The tin plate, dark blue body featured a detailed lithograph design of a KdF Wagen with a white pin striping. The white striping detailed out the doors, roof seams, front and rear deck lids, front hood and door handles. A white and light blue color scheme added additional details of the windows, headlights, taillights, front and rear bumpers. The white license plate frame has “GF 210” and “GERMANY” on the rear quarter panel as the identifying markings. There are peoples' faces printed in the windows. The tinplate chassis with clockwork motor and lithographed steel wheels were attached to the body with four metal tabs.
The GEORG FISCHER company bought clockwerk motors, wheels, etc. for their toys from the company Paul Weiss Laufwerk Fabrik, also located in Nürnberg, Germany. Paul Weiss Laufwerk Fabrik existed from 1919 until 1969 and produced parts for tin toys as well as clockwork motors for many manufacturers. The Paul Weiss company logo was a multi-pointed star with P.W. in the star center as can be seen on the clockwerk motor found on the GF210 KdF Wagen.
The original box consisted of a plain carton stapled together and without markings. The GF210 KdF Wagen is seldom found.