The company "Glashüttenwerke W. Limberg und Co. was founded in 1873 in the town Gifhorn, Germany, by Mr. Wilhem Limberg and manufactured glass bottles for perfumes like Eau de Cologne 4711, Pelikan ink bottles, but also glass for pharmaceutical purposes. In 1960, the company was closed down.
During the 1938-43 era they also produced some of the KdF Wagen glass bottles. They were a one-piece glass bottle with outlines of the front hood, windshield, side windows and rear split window. The bumpers and wheels were also incorporated into the glass body. The bottleneck protrudes from the lower rear section of the body and has black Bakelite cap and has a volume of 175cc. Many were hand painted in orange/silver, green/silver, blue/silver, etc. with hand painted inscriptions on the sides for particular events, cities or store names. Examples included Gruss aus der Heide, Aus der Stadt des KdF Wagens, Ich Bringe Glück and the retail store Edeka. An original bottle usually was filled with liquor from different producers with their labels attached to the bottom of the glass KdF Wagens.