Arnold GmbH & Co KG was founded in 1906 by Karl Arnold in Nürnberg, Germany. They did quite well and by 1940, they had 4 company locations. Only the location in Mülhouse survived the war and from November 1945, production slowly was resumed from this location. Later the other locations were rebuild. In 1952, Arnold was the first in Germany to produce hard plastic bodies for their toy cars. This was the start of a very prosperous era for plastic toys and the beginning of the end for tin plate toys. As from 1960, Arnold concentrated themselves mainly on production of trains (N-size) and accessories for trains.
Plastic body with solid windows and very good details of front and rear hood, door seams and rear oval window with air louvers. No chassis and the red, white or black plastic axles and wheels are attached to the body pillars. A pair round mold marks under the axles.
These models were applied as part of the crank or battery operated game "VW Werk", but also in magnetic Perma games.